Monday, January 9, 2012

Rehab in action


Another week of Creativity Rehabilitation! Here's an overview of the last week's rehab....

Monday
(day 18) - Writing

I was moved to write a bit about why I'm in need of creativity rehabilitation. This blog post - Opening the Treasure Chest - was a chance to examine why my creative juices stopped flowing.

Tuesday (day 19) - Z's heart mobile (finished!)

Ahhhh.... finally! A finished project! Everything was ready to go, I just needed to assemble it. A bit of fiddling around with some fishing line, and voila! It's now living in its new home, hanging from Z's crazy circus bed.



Wednesday (day 20) - Crappy Craft - egg carton animals

This was a result of a "get Z involved" moment. We painted the chopped up egg cartons together (I held them, she slathered and dabbed them with paint - very thoroughly, I might add!). I crafted the little heads and legs from pipe cleaners. After a failed attempt to glue them in place, I resorted to sticky tape. She held the bodies while I stuck in assorted legs and heads. (I later saw someone using tiny bulldog clips to hold pipecleaners while waiting for glue to dry - will do that next time!). In the end we wound up with a dinosaur, a dragon, a turtle and a snail. They're now all living together in harmony on top of her pink toy microwave. Of course.

Here's old red-o-saurus

Thursday (day 21) - Felt board stuff

I sat down and drew a sketch for the felt board farm. A house, little pond, trees, animals... you know, farmy stuff! ;) I now have a good idea of how many elements I need, what size, and how much work each one will take.

Friday (day 22) - Writing

I've been getting a bit frustrated when struggling to get some time to myself to create. I wrote a post on Friday to exorcise my frustrated demons and create something at the same time. (It's often easier to write while Z is around than it is to create anything using materials.) It's here: Mornings and Personal Brinkmanship .

Saturday (day 23) - Felt board shapes

More shapes, more animals. Slowly, slowly, the farm is emerging! This has turned out to be a good project to work on when I've only got 20 mins or so to spare. it doesn't take long to sketch a shape, cut the pattern and cut the felt.

Sunday (day 24) - Sailboat picture

Mmmm... yet another project started! (I'm noticing a pattern emerging here - heavy on the starting, light on the finishing - so far!). I felt like doing some embroidery so started sketching a simple sailboat design to embroider on felt. I did a few test samples of various stitches and have a pretty good idea of how to proceed.

Monday (day 25) - Felt board shapes

This was an end of the day effort, sketching and cutting shapes in the ad breaks while watching my fave crap TV show. Just managed to squeak in there!


Here's where the feltboard is at... fair bit to go yet.

* * *

Errrggghhhh!!! I must finish this post by venting a bit about supposed "font choice" on the blog. I always choose Arial, but somehow it only appears sporadically. Times New Roman keeps muscling its way in. Feck off, TNR!!

Oh and now another vent - can't get rid of the centre formatting for one piece of text above. I can see I'll have to make friends with HTML if I"m going to get this formattting stuff under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment