Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rehab in action

I've been treading water creatively this last week and a half. I've managed to inch forward on one particular project (the farm house) but progress has been slow.

On one hand this disappoints me, but on the other I feel proud that I've managed to keep going. Some days it's been a real effort! And I've felt a bit sheepish about actually posting here because of it (hence the gap since the last post). But I realise that celebrating - or at least acknowledging - small steps is important in the rehabilition process. ;) So here's my modest record of the last 10 days...


Wednesday - day 34 - writing
Blog post... not overly creative but I'm counting it! ;)

Thursday (day 35) - felt farm house

Friday (day 36) - doodling
I needed a break from stitching and a little doodling was the distraction of choice.

Saturday (day 37) - Writing

Sunday - SICK

Monday (day 38) - felt farm house

Tuesday - SICK

Wednesday (day 40) - felt farm house

Thursday (day 41) - design development -swedish embroidery

Friday (day 42) - shopping for supplies / design development

Is this creative? Wellll... yeah, kind of! I spent well over an hour in Spotlight perusing their wares, comparing and contrasting embellishments for the farm house, deciding on colours and shapes and sizes. So there were a fair few design choices being made there - I'm chalking it up to design development! Plus I fell asleep when putting Z to bed so I didn't get to do any more for the evening. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment