Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resistance... Is futile?

I wasn't sure when I woke up, or after breakfast. But it's midday now and I have identified the signs of resistance...resistance towards doing anything creative today. So I'm going to have a chat to Resistant Me and see what comes up.

Me: So... is there anything creative you'd like to do today? Anything that takes your fancy?
Resistant Me: No. Not really.

Me: Are you sure? Sounds like there's something that might be ok?
Resistant Me: Yeah, but I can't do it today, because Z's around and she'll see me painting the dolls.

Me: Ah. You'd like to start painting the polkadots on? Even though you've been putting it off?
Resistant Me: Yes. *frowns*

Me: Is there anything special about painting the polkadots that makes it appealing?
Resistant Me: Well, it's a next step. I already know what I need to do. And it will be absorbing.

Me: OK. So it sounds like it's something that would be relatively effortless for you to do today, unlike creating something new from scratch.
Resistant Me: Yeah... I guess so.

Me: We've got a few other mini-projects on the go... could you take a "next step" on one of those instead?
Resistant Me: *thinks* I don't really want to design anything today.

Me: Ok... That's fine! What about doing some shapes for the felt board? You could do some really basic ones or do some embroidered ones if you felt like it?
Resistant Me: Mmmm. Some embroidery might be good. Might get into the flow a bit with it. I'll see how I feel.
Me: Great! After B leaves this afternoon I'll get out the sketchbook and the felt, and you can see what happens. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment